New vanguard 18 hp

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New vanguard 18 hp

New vanguard 18 hp

If someone wanted to buy a new vanguard 18 hp from argo/ or some other place,. could they? I was told by a dealer in Thunder Bay Ont. that there is no 18 hp engines available and argo has there own crankshaft size. Does anybody have any input on this. Thanks,
    I will also call argo. Personally I think its not true. I have a 6x6 bigfoot and just put spacers and tuners from Adair Argo and chanel tracks from Marcel. Both places have great support. By the way I do not need a new engine, I think this dealer is not telling the truth. Can anybody confirm from here.

You can purchase a Briggs 18HP Vanguard from multiple sources that will work fine. Just search google and you will get tons of results: https://www.google.com/search?q=18hp...ard+horizontal

However, if I were going to buy one, I would go with a little more power than 18

Thats what I thought. I think the guy was unhappy that I bought chanel tracks so He gave me a whole bunch of false info. I won't deal with him anymore. Is there much modifications if someone wanted to upgrade to a 23 hp? Thanks Mike

Quote Originally Posted by 6x6jamie View Post
    Thats what I thought. I think the guy was unhappy that I bought chanel tracks so He gave me a whole bunch of false info. I won't deal with him anymore. Is there much modifications if someone wanted to upgrade to a 23 hp? Thanks Mike
    I think you'd be VERY pleased with a 23HP Vanguard in stock form, but there are a lot of mods that you can do if you want more power out of it. Performance V-Twins is one place to look.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

The two engines are both the same as far as the install goes but the 23 uses different flanges on where the muffler bolts to the heads.

Thanks for the info guys. Thats good know a 23 hp will fit right in.

Probably have to by the Muffler from Argo, be prepared they are not cheap.

I kind of think this hobby is a bit like aviation, not cheap but fun.

Quote Originally Posted by 6x6jamie View Post
    I kind of think this hobby is a bit like aviation, not cheap but fun.
    This hobby is the opposite of aviation, it can be VERY cheap, actually if you shop around for parts deals, read the forums, search ebay and Craigslist and avoid places that sell overpriced, low quality items like Richard's Relics. I've found that AATVs are actually the most inexpensive hobby I've ever been in.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I have already bought a cheap 23 header on ebay for 35.00 and just cut and rewelded the flanges to the old muffler, all depends if one is handy with doin' that stuff.

+ Reply to Thread