newbie tires ?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: newbie tires ?

newbie tires ?

Hi I just got an old 6 wheeler from a freind its in rougher shape. It has a 2 stroke Rockwell motor in it and getting it running and clutched properly should not be an issue. But of does have the old tires where the hub is the tire no rim. and 3 hold air while the other 3 are tore right off the hub. I'm trying to find cheaper tires or convert them to hold a win any input would be great thank you.

Check out Carlisle AT 101. They are good all around tires at an affordable price.. Norm

So do I have to connvert the hubs somehow or can I mount these on the small exsisting hubs thanks again

The three-lug hubs will have to be adapted to fit the 5-bolt (or 4-bolt, whatever you end up using) rims for tires like the AT101s. We have a 3 to 5 lug adapter template here (http://www.6x6world.com/images/broch...plate-dims.pdf) if you'd like to try your hand at making them, or there are manufacturers that offer them for around $16 each.

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

What kind of machine do you have, and where are you located. I have some trailblazer rims that are 10" with a 3 bolt pattern. If you could fit 24" or 25" tires, you may be able to find some cheap quad tires that would mud pretty good and fit them.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

When Drew says Trailblazer tires and wheels he means the ones like these in the pictures. Armstrong made the tires and wheels specifically for AATV applications. They use 10" rims, which are 3 bolt so you won't need adapters, and the tires are about 20" tall and 12" wide.

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Yes I will try to make adapters my self thanls a ton but I would be intrasted in some wheels and tires i can just bolt up drew. I'm crime grand haven mi about an hour west of grand rapids

It is an attex machine with a Rockwell 2 stroke its missing the drive rod and sprocket in the from drivers side I have it and somthing that looks like a bearng so ill start there on putting it together does anyone know what i should mix this fuel to when I get it running

Making the adapters yourself is easy enough, but by the time you buy the studs and lug nuts $16 will seem very cheap.

Buy good quality 2 cycle oil and mix it at 32:1 The original specs for that engine called for 20:1, but that was poor quality oil and it fouled a lot of plugs.
    I think most people running 2 strokes now are using synthetic and mixing more like 50:1 That wont foul plugs, and will have little to no smoke.

+ Reply to Thread