2012 750 bounces like a mofo on the road

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2012 750 bounces like a mofo on the road

2012 750 bounces like a mofo on the road

I finally have to break down and ask if anyone else experiences this?going on the road my argo bounces really bad.seems to mostly from the front leftt of machine.i figured maybe I bent an axle but damned if I can see and bend or wobble.then I swapped out the 1st and second wheel thinking I maybe had a bent rim but it still bounces.next thought mybe flat spots on tires from sitting so I went for a nice slow ride through the bush then tried it on the road again but it still bounces.any insight to this matter would be really helpful.

cheers
    Last edited by plott hound; 11-18-2014 at 03:34 PM.

Will your argo stay balanced enough to run without the right front wheel on? Try putting some weight in the back to take a bunch of weight off the front.

If so take it off completely, then go for a careful spin....if it doesn't bounce you know it has to be axle related cause you already know its not the rim or tire. If it still bounces put the front back on and take the next one off...try er again it could be the second axle... and so on.

Check them all, just had a 2012 with same issue, was bent 3rd rt axle. Driver was complining of a pull and didn't even notice the hop.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

removing the wheel is a great idea.i guess I can keep taking tires off until I find the problem axle or bent rim.

thanks

checked # 1 and #2 tires on the front left and it still bounces.i swear to god its coming from the front left,but will keep on removing tires untill I find the bent axle.how much did the machine bounce that you fixed argojim?

Not overly noticeable to a novice, but like a flatspotted tire.
    Just for curiousity do your treads all look proper? Had a machine in last winter with runamoks with fixaflat and actually distorted the tires from freezing breaking the belts. the v's looked like commas.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.

the tires are a bit wore and treads are uneven from tire to tire.i checked the air in all 8 tires.3.5 psi in each.removed the 3rd tire back on left side went for a ride and the bounce was gone.put the tire back on and again the bounce was gone so I give up,must be just the tires.i know theres no bounce in it when I have a good load in the machine so fook it.the tracks are going on and im gonna giv'er $hit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could just be flat spots from the cold, the unevenness (hmm, that is a word) shouldn't be a factor theses tires were obviously distorted even from 25ft away and looked like a gourd on one side. Wish I had a picture.

I recall hearing a story about a good amount of water from a field derimming being in a tire. Unnoticeable until it froze.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMeg View Post
    I recall hearing a story about a good amount of water from a field derimming being in a tire. Unnoticeable until it froze.
    its a possibility that there is something in the tire,the machine is store in a heated shop so its not ice.maybe just water??????????????

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Could just be flat spots from the cold, the unevenness (hmm, that is a word) shouldn't be a factor theses tires were obviously distorted even from 25ft away and looked like a gourd on one side. Wish I had a picture.
    I can post a picture jim,maybe u can pick something up obvious I sure cant.

+ Reply to Thread