Attex 295 ABS repair.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Attex 295 ABS repair.

Quote Originally Posted by JRP3 View Post
    If you aren't going to be beating it up with rocks you may be able to get away with a thinner piece of HDPE which will be easier to form. I may go this route myself, though it will be white
    HDPE Rolls - High Density Polyethylene Rolls from North Brook Farms for plastic building material, plastic paneling, and more
    You'll probably have to grind away any fiberglass that's on there.
    When you make your ABS goop it helps to make the chunks as small as possible so they dissolve easily. I've used a cheese grater type body tool, and a saw to make fine pieces.
    That roll plastic looks like racing plastic, comes in lots of colors.
    Cave Trolls Rule!

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    i had my best luck when i kept the goo pretty thick... i still have a few stress marks in the repairs in some spots. i used donor plastic from another attex (thanks don)... not sure if the chemical composition of all ab is exactly the same, so i wanted as close as possible. i brushed acetone on and around the repair area, let it tack up for 20 minutes then brushed on the goo. i did my repairs when it was about 70 degrees outside, and on nights when the humidity was low. temp and humidity made a huge difference in how paint cured when i was painting cars so i just went with what worked best there when choosing the conditions for my abs repair. seems like it worked ok, but i haven't run the machine yet, so i can't say how it will hold up. hope this is of some help to you, and welcome to the site!
    Hey racerone3,

How have your repairs held up?
    I am looking at doing some goop repairs and want to see the reliability long term

I had good luck using epoxy and fiberglass cloth. Description and pics here:
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/gener...ml?#post106898

Quote Originally Posted by sofob0909 View Post
    Hey racerone3,

How have your repairs held up?
    I am looking at doing some goop repairs and want to see the reliability long term
    Most of those repairs held up well, but I have changed my methods a bit for ABS. I now Plastic weld all I can, then use a much thinner goo, and fiberglass cloth for strength. A couple layers with cure time between each. I talked about it at length in this thread : http://www.6x6world.com/forums/attex...tor-build.html
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

+ Reply to Thread