13” Plastic Tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 13” Plastic Tracks

13” Plastic Tracks

Hi Guys
    Following on from a post I made months ago regarding the joining pins for connecting the track segments. I now have a nice pair of pins with the 90 degree bend and lock nuts on the other end, thanks to Craig B for the recommendation
    Anyway, for the Magnum 8 wheel model it is mentioned you require 36 standard segments per side and possibly a half segment.
    I’m aware of measuring the circumference and positioning of them and tyre pressures as mentioned in the manual for the tracks
    I’ve been told by the local Argo dealer they should only be used with Runamucks, there appears to be no mention of this in the manual.
    I have six Runamucks on rims and a full set of tyres that have a more aggressive tread.
    Checking the tyre sizes, which I guess is critical, what is the correct size of tyre for this model as the parts manual doesn’t mention this and some of mine are different 22x11x8 and 22x10x8
    Also, has anyone used the plastic track with any tyres other than the recommended Runamucks?
    As usual all your replies are gratefully received.
    Thanks

Guys
    Thanks for all the views, I now have full set of practically brand new recommended Runamucks of the correct size, they were swapped out for more aggressive tyres.

Gordy, loaded question.
    Will other tires work? Yes, some, first what width rim are you on? Next, what specific tire?
    Some tires run much bigger than listed or branded. Overly aggressive tired will cause issues in allowing them to slip a little.
    Basically with the track off first roll the runamuk to get a feel of how they run in the track, next roll the other if it bindd its no good .
    You probably wil not use all 36 segments.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Jim
    Thanks for that, I believe it’s an 8” rim. The make of tyre is Kenda, I don’t have a picture to hand but in the UK there are similar pattern treads from a few of the manufacturers.
    With the 22” aggressive tyres fitted, and soft tyres, the 36 segments have about a 6” gap to pull up, I believe this should be 2 - 2 1/2”
    I’m hopefully going to get some time over the next few days to swap to the Runamucks and see how it goes.
    I’ll post back once I’m sorted out.
    Again, thanks for your help

As poor as my picture and arrow is, Having had a look at the tire I can’t see a direction arrow, am I correct to assume this is the correct direction
    Thanks very much

+ Reply to Thread