6x6 price question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 6x6 price question

6x6 price question

Hey everyone, I'm a newbie here and this is my first post so admins move to wherever necessary. Me and a buddy are looking at purchasing a max 6x6 that has no motor. Seller doesnt know what year, and is asking $550. I was wondering if that's a fair price for one of these without an engine? Without previous knowledge, I would say it looks to be an early 2000s or late 90's model. Any help? I will post pictures when my photobucket stops acting up.

Quote Originally Posted by 06srtboat View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm a newbie here and this is my first post so admins move to wherever necessary. Me and a buddy are looking at purchasing a max 6x6 that has no motor. Seller doesnt know what year, and is asking $550. I was wondering if that's a fair price for one of these without an engine? Without previous knowledge, I would say it looks to be an early 2000s or late 90's model. Any help? I will post pictures when my photobucket stops acting up.
    I’d say if it has all 6 tires and they’re good and it just needs an engine 550 sounds like a deal to me. If you list the serial number someone will tell you the year
    Thanks

Photos will help, but overall condition will determine value. You already need an engine. You can assign an arbitrary price to that depending on what you want to go with. Does it have the clutch go with the engine? What kind of shape are the bearings in? What kind of shape are the chains in? Does it have tires and if so what shape are they in? belt? How is the body? Are you guys mechanically inclined, or going to have to pay someone to help?You could pay $500 for a running driving machine that needs every component replaced and have a $3,000 Money Pit, or pay $500 for a machine that needed nothing but an engine Dropped In. Long story short, we need a lot more info to answer your question. Not trying to push you away, and want anyone to join the hobby. I would jump on it for that price. Just like to make sure people know what they are getting into
    Last edited by racerone3; 10-24-2018 at 09:20 PM.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Well photobucket is currently under maintenance so I wont be able to post pictures. It looks older than I previously stated, similar to a max II. Has a transmission and tires look ok but not new. I'm a automotive technician with about 5 years experience but have never worked on an AATV. I currently work at a full service tire shop, engines to oil changes. One thing that concerns me is a possible crack in the lower tub? I wish I could post pictures. Curse you photobucket...

you can upload your pics directly to this site http://www.6x6world.com/forums/6x6-w...-pictures.html. these machines are very simple to work on, so you should be good to go. a crack in the tub can be plastic welded. not much to worry about
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Got the images uploaded, owner said it is a mid to late 70's model. Let me know what you think.
    Attached Images

A worthy project, but I would beat him down on price. looks to be missing the gas tank. it was a 2 stroke machine. you will need engine, clutch, belt, throttle and choke cables. you will also need to wire it, build a motor mount, build exhaust. is the seat/ floorpan assembly there and just not pictured. Chains look reasonably adjusted which might be a sign that it was taken care of back when it was in service. Looking at the shape of the lower tub just in front of the front tires tells me it is 1974 or older. The trans also has the popcicle stick levers which would be found in an older machine. It will have #40 chain between the axles, hollow axles, inner bushings. none are awful things... just education

I see a throttle handle, looks to have a twin mount so I'd say bigmax which would have 50 chain.

Also notice the split shift.

With what some guys pay for a t20, don't shy away but plan on rebuild. Depending on how you build it, it should be affordable.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    I see a throttle handle, looks to have a twin mount so I'd say bigmax which would have 50 chain.

Also notice the split shift.

With what some guys pay for a t20, don't shy away but plan on rebuild. Depending on how you build it, it should be affordable.
    Good eye Jim. I thought it looked like 50 chain but I couldn't conceive of why it would be. I forgot they put that in the Big Max

if you buy it o6 let us know..i have the seat cushion you can have . good luck , johnboy va.

+ Reply to Thread