T-20 case bushing ??s

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: T-20 case bushing ??s

T-20 case bushing ??s

Ok fellas I have a big ? On the inner case bushings I have one worn and bought new ones to replace them. Instead of machining the bushing after I get it pressed in why can’t I just take a few thousands off the reverse drum itself? Would be a whole lot easier for me to get done. Thoughts from anyone on this???

Thanks in advance fellas
    Dave
    Last edited by dave phelps; 12-06-2018 at 10:29 PM.

When I redid my tranny my drum had some light grooves so I turned it down to fit in the new bushing. The only drawback would be the next time the drum may be worn too much for the new bushing. At that point you would need a new drum or turn it down and heat shrink a new surface on it. I will probably be dead before that tranny wears to that point again.

Quote Originally Posted by countrybumpkin View Post
    When I redid my tranny my drum had some light grooves so I turned it down to fit in the new bushing. The only drawback would be the next time the drum may be worn too much for the new bushing. At that point you would need a new drum or turn it down and heat shrink a new surface on it. I will probably be dead before that tranny wears to that point again.
    That's exactly what I was kinda thinking!! Thanks Dave!!
    at least I know its been done before with sucess

both sides are done and I will say that's way easier than trying to center in a mill as I'm no machinist by any means but this turned out great!!!
    Anyone have a line on bushings besides Richard?? 40 a oeice I think is very pricey for a bushing but it is what it is and this trans should be great now.
    Thanks
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread