I think I found a problem...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I think I found a problem...

I think I found a problem...

I've had my Max II for about 2 months and finally sorted out the engine or so I think. I came to the garage and turned the key, vroom fired right up. Went riding about 5 minutes and felt a vibration so I pulled back in to the garage. I popped the top and looky what I found. The driven clutch was hanging off the transmission shaft. The driven clutch was bolted on with a bolt the was too long so it had about 3/4 of an inch in miscellaneous spacers so it would tighten up (from a previous owner). I know I need to fix it but what is the proper bolt to correct my issue?
    Attached Images

Fdildine, looks like you narrowly avoided a disaster. Good thing you made it back to the barn. I would inspect the transmission shaft, keyway, key and driven pulley for any damage 1st. To find the correct length bolt, I would reinstall the pulley and draw it up tight with the existing bolt and spacers. Then remove the spacers (washers) and reinstall the bolt with just one washer on it. This will show you how much the bolt is too long. Measure the distance between the washer and clutch. Subtract this measurement from the length of the existing bolt, then subtract another 1/4" to be sure the new bolt doesn't bottom out in the transmission shaft.

Sound advice. Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread