need more info on my amphicat?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: need more info on my amphicat?

Hybrid View

need more info on my amphicat?

Just bought a 6x6 at a swapmeet and i know nothing about it other that its a 70's model made in Mississippi. I have drove it and seems to run real good in forward, in reverse its a little jumpy on one side it feels like... or a little drag or something. I guess i am looking for what kind of tranny and what model it is and where i can get a manual to start my restoration project. The link below is of pic. i found on the web of the same style as mine, any help?

Hardcore offroader: '70 Amphicat 6x6 AATV - GM Inside News Forum

Welcome to the site and congratulations on your purchase. Use the search function on this site for Amphicat and you should find a little information. Here's one to get you started: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/brand...-amphicat.html

hey thanks Mike, I read what i could, which gives me a good idea of what its all about. I guess my next project is to find out about the tranny, it got the six plungers on top, two with springs, I would like to find out a little more about this tranny then try to rebuild it. My plan is to go through this whole project from a light but strong piece of diamond plate aluminuim to protect the bottom, i see it has a 300cc snowmobile motor in it with a rectifier, so i will be able to charge a 12 volt battery to power some options- trolling motor,bilge pump and stuff like that. I dont want to make it to heavy, but i am a mod kinda guy, I like to pick up where they left off.

Smile Amphicat

Hi, i have all the origional manuals..... i'll post to this sight as soon as i can

Quote Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
    hey thanks Mike, I read what i could, which gives me a good idea of what its all about. I guess my next project is to find out about the tranny, it got the six plungers on top, two with springs, I would like to find out a little more about this tranny then try to rebuild it. My plan is to go through this whole project from a light but strong piece of diamond plate aluminuim to protect the bottom, i see it has a 300cc snowmobile motor in it with a rectifier, so i will be able to charge a 12 volt battery to power some options- trolling motor,bilge pump and stuff like that. I dont want to make it to heavy, but i am a mod kinda guy, I like to pick up where they left off.
    Last edited by Amphiman1; 11-09-2008 at 10:13 AM.

trouble with the amphicat trans

not sure what trans it is but it looks like the one posted on here with the loop for reverse seems like it pops in and out of reverse and the left side grabs harder than the right side if some one can help me out I would appricate it a lot and also what type of trans fluid do they require and how much do the cats go for I think mine is a 1972 thats what I was told anyway it has sacs 277 cc on it the model number is 500079 it runs like a top would really like to restore and also is there any way to upgrade parts and put a roll cage and winch thanks and hope to here from someone.

Smile Amphicats!

Quote Originally Posted by amphicat3 View Post
    not sure what trans it is but it looks like the one posted on here with the loop for reverse seems like it pops in and out of reverse and the left side grabs harder than the right side if some one can help me out I would appricate it a lot and also what type of trans fluid do they require and how much do the cats go for I think mine is a 1972 thats what I was told anyway it has sacs 277 cc on it the model number is 500079 it runs like a top would really like to restore and also is there any way to upgrade parts and put a roll cage and winch thanks and hope to here from someone.
    check your p.m.'s
    Last edited by Amphiman1; 08-19-2009 at 06:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread