2003 frontier

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2003 frontier

2003 frontier

i just purchased my first argo. The prior owner said he didnt have the bilge pump, but pointed to a red wire, and said this is where it "hooks up". I dont see there is a dash switch for a bilge. I have no idea where the bilge goes, or if i need it. Can someone help me with this? thanks.

where do you plan to ride?, how much open water do you plan on crossing or going through? if you are only crossing the odd stream i don't think that you would require a bilge pump. but if you plan on spending the afternoon fishing from it, you might want to install the pump. i do beleive that it mounts down by the engine and you would have to drill a spot for the switch.

Darin
    mud and ice

its going to get wet duck hunting for sure. So i assume it has to be seated near floor. Where does it discharge to? I took it that there was one, but it was removed. Maybe it never had one, if there was no panel switch. Do i need a special bilge? or just a boat bilge pump would work? thanks.

Sounds like its just the hot wire for a bilge pump. Trace it back two the fuse box. You would have to get a switch and wire your pump into it then mount the switch in the dash.

sounds good. can you tell me what type of pump to look for?

Any marine builge pump should work. There has to be a pump discharge so look for a hose. If the previous owner had one installed there should be a hole or fitting to hook the discharge to.

I've never bothered with a bilge pump for my Argo's, although I really should put one in each. I've needed them a few times. Typically, if you keep your seals in good shape, you won't need it very often.
    Most of the ones I've seen were mounted along the frame rail, in the front of the Argo, on the passenger side. Pump discharge in the upper body, in front of the exhaust. (ie, make sure it's above the water line). Some guys like to wrap a fine mesh screen around the pump intake, to keep small sticks, Spruce needles, ect out of the impeller.
    Some guys like to have a pump with an "auto on" float switch. If you go this route, I recommend using a 3 way switch (Hand, Off, Auto).

Hope this helps

RD

thanks for your help. I dont see any hoses that discharge, and ive pretty well torn this thing apart. So im guessing it never had a bilge. Would I drill a hole up high near exhaust to discharge? Or is there a place that is cut out already?

put it ahead of the exhaust screen on the top tub. dont put the discharge back by the dash. the previous owner of my machine did this and kind of screws up windsheild and top mounting.

+ Reply to Thread