terra tiger modle tt18

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: terra tiger modle tt18

terra tiger modle tt18

hi i just picked up a 70 terra tiger tt18 serial #5722 in good shape i was told it was all stock but i dont think so, they said it was orderd with a twin cyl and elec start. motor is a rotex 339.2 cc according to plate on motor.from what im seeing the sterring has been alterd, it has throttle riged on the sterring wheel. i now that was not right but did the ever have a steering wheel this does, and also to operate it its gas and go ,to steer its turning the wheel r or left but to stop yo turn wheel all the way to right or left to brake.im gonna post pics if i can any response whould be apreciated thanx in advance steve. i tried to attach pig but ther in jpeg format not url how do ya post pic also

Smile Terra tiger

Hi, Y would u attach a pig? Ithink i a picture of the terra would be better....
    You're not far..... pm me , bring it on over if u wish too....
    Last edited by Amphiman1; 07-01-2009 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amphiman1 View Post
    Hi, Y would u attach a pig? Ithink i a picture of the terra would be better....
    You're not far..... pm me , bring it on over if u wish too....
    hi amphiman1 i will take ya up on the meet and great it needs a little work not much i bought this in limestone ny right up the road from ya i need a carb kit for a rotex 340 motor and a brake caliper and two new mud buster tires and ill be up and running ill get back with ya i put some picks in the gallery havent figured ho to attach yet new on here and i cant type real good eather check it out if you get a chance

We sold them ( terra tigers) new and no 2 cylinder engines were optional or available in them. TT18's had JLO 295 single cylinder in them. And all had tiller - T bar for steering. No steering wheels. I would take steering wheel off and put T back on so you can have brake on left and throttle on right to control it easier. Good luck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by farmtoybuilder View Post
    We sold them ( terra tigers) new and no 2 cylinder engines were optional or available in them. TT18's had JLO 295 single cylinder in them. And all had tiller - T bar for steering. No steering wheels. I would take steering wheel off and put T back on so you can have brake on left and throttle on right to control it easier. Good luck with it.
    thanx for the reply i got looking at it and its a ski poo 340 rotex moter they did a nice job on the install i take it on the brakes it was a cable to a caliper on the rotor in the middle of the front shaft , thanx steve

terra tiger help

what was the differance of the tt10 and the tt18 .and also i posted a few pics thats how i seen it to buy ther in the gallery .the rear lights are a screw up i take it. they would be above the water line from the factory i whould think any idie were to find a shop manual for one of these .

Smile difference. terra tiger,

there were 3 differences., AXLES, went from "pin " sprocket" to wood ruff keys,,,, body was slightly different molded...(weight distrabution). and a few other changes

terra apinion

are the terra tigers a descent machine overall whats the week link on them that i need to address

Weak link steering clutches with big motors And what most don't like is no reverse! If they would have had reverse it would have helped sales of them. Use good high quality chain and keep tension adjusted especially on front jackshaft ones! TT 18's have keyed sprockets so you don't break pins like TT 10's do when worn. They require maintenance like any other 6-8 wheeler.

Thumbs down lookin good

looks like a nice project mabe with a little igenuity you could put something in to give it reverse now that would be cool
    1969 Gip-Sea four stroke conversion 1983 honda Big Red 200E engine
    1969 ATTEX ST/300/D four stroke conversion 18HP vanguard V-twin

+ Reply to Thread