Synthetic Grease

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Synthetic Grease

Synthetic Grease

I'm getting close to re-assembly of my bearing job on my Max II.In fact I may get the inner bearings in place this weekend.Does anyone have any experience with synthetic(it says synthetic blend) grease? The reason I am asking is the specs on it are attractive for cold/hot temperature range as well as water resistance.Its a kind of pale red color.

I use Amzoil synthetic grease,seems great. I use their 100:1 2 cycle mix in all my 2 cycle stuff all runs great with it. Also run their 5w-30 full synthetic oil in my Tecumseh OH16 seems to run alittle cooler.That is what they claim it will do.Hope this reply helps you.

I use synthetic grease in my Argos, but in the real world, it's probably not necessary. There is nothing xtreme about normal Argo bearing loads, speeds, temps, ect. Synthetic is "man made", as oposed to Petrolium Based. (Synthetic Blend is just that, a mixture of synthetic and natural compounds, it may have synthetic oil blended with natural soaps/thickeners, ect, or it might be a blend of synthetic and natural oils mixed with natural and/or synthetic additives). Synthetic is more expensive, and if I was buying it, I would opt for Petrolium based grease for my Argo bearings. On the other hand, I do prefer to use synthetic oil in my engines.

The choice is yours, and if you decide to use Synthetic or Synthetic Blends, they will work just fine.

RD

I switched to synthetic for everything on my Frontier, engine oil, gear oil and grease. I use the Canadian Tire Premium grease in the gold tube.

+ Reply to Thread