Getting hydraulic drive info is like pulling hens teeth...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting hydraulic drive info is like pulling hens teeth...

Getting hydraulic drive info is like pulling hens teeth...

Probably the hardest thing I've yet to come across in solving problems or getting questions answered since the invention of the internet.
    Yeah, I've seen how to calculate requirements but high school math was probably my weakest subject...let alone that it was over 40 years ago......

Miner, shoot me an email and I'll do my best to answer your questions.
    Bubba oldbearhunter@alaska.net

Thanks George...

Tom

It would be great to see these questions and answers on this thread !

For whatever reason, I don't think that will happen. I've looked on more than a few different forums (both vehicle & hydraulic) for a little direction & have seen questions like this posted but so far, no answers or even attempts to answer. I guess I'm just gonna have to go ahead with the sprocket/chain drive for the time being & maybe study up on hydraulics over the next year...if I could afford it, I'd just go ahead & plunk down the cash for a Mudd Ox...but with the house & truck payment, THAT ain't gonna happen... There are still a couple guys in my area that I'm trying to chase down & talk to. If I can come up with some useful information, I'll post it up...

Whats the questions being asked? i know Hyd and can help but i need to know the question to answer..

The problem with creating a hydraulic drive for a 6 wheel amphibian is:
    1. Cost of the hydraulic components.
    2. Proper engineering

The reason why the Muddox is priced at the level it is because the parts are expensive.
    If you want to start a discussion of what engineering formulas are required. I'm sure there is enough of us on the forum to guide you.
    There is probably enough of us to clue you in on what components to use and what not to use.
    Just remember the T-20, CVT and chain drive is more efficient drive than any hydraulic drive out there. Hydraulic propulsion likes HP,

"Hydraulic propulsion likes HP" It also likes high rpm for more fluid flow and that means more fuel consumption.....But, when it comes to quick direction changes, it's great! Perfect for a front end loader, or lawn mower, but trail riding???? Of course, if somebody is selling raffle tickets for a new mudd-ox, I want to buy a bunch

Quote Originally Posted by tweeter166 View Post
    Whats the questions being asked? i know Hyd and can help but i need to know the question to answer..
    Pretty simple question...what would the HP & hydraulics requirements be to power an 8 wheel argo size vehicle up to 10 mph...straight up.

My Mudd-Ox is geared to run about 15 mph, and each wheel motor new cost about $2,195 I,ve been told. Now figure in two of these same wheel motors plus the price of the hydrolic pump that feeds both of them hydrolic fluid. Now add in the cost of the hydrolic lines needed , plus the hydrolic tank to hold the proper amount of fluid. As you can see, the cost of a project like this can really add up in a hurry!

+ Reply to Thread