hustler 950 18hp Kohler. .more speed questions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: hustler 950 18hp Kohler. .more speed questions

hustler 950 18hp Kohler. .more speed questions

How can I get more top end? I'm only at 10 mph now. What can I do?

What rpm are you turning. Either you got very low rpm's or a clutch issue. I've never had a 6x6 that would only go 10mph. Something is wrong. Check and see if your clutches are opening completely while in neutral.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

I'll check the clutch. rpms I have no guages. I just had someone follow me. So I new my speed.

Clutch on motor opens.. bot bigger one on bottom of the belt does not move. I have a red spring if that matters. What can I do next?

Check the belt for size and tension. It should be wide enough to be flush or slighty higher than the sides of the secondary clutch and only have about 1/2" deflection.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Was wrong. Both are opening

It'sflush.. but lose...can move it about 3 inches of play

Is there away 2 tighten it. I don't see any way to adjust the motor back any.
    Last edited by Mike; 10-27-2014 at 06:56 PM. Reason: merged three consecutive posts

I don't believe the stock Hustler allows for the tightening of the belt. You have to either replace the belt or modify your engine mount to allow for belt adjustment:

What else can I look 4. Belt don't seem 2 b slipping. Check carb? Was supposed to b just rebuilt...

I think You need to check the rpm's, somebody may have messed with the governor at some point.

The first thing I do is buy a (tiny tach) for every machine, they are a bit pricy compared to generic ones. It is so easy to hook up and they last and are accurate, it's very nice to see RPMs... Norm.

+ Reply to Thread