Making $$$ with an AATV

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Making $$$ with an AATV

Making $$$ with an AATV

Anybody making any money out there using their AATV? I'm not talking dealers, we know they make $$ selling them. I'm referring to using an AATV for some kind of compensation, such as transporting hunters into the woods or pulling skiers up to the top of a slope. Just trying to figure out a way to make my passion my paycheck. Thanks for your response.

$$

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger View Post
    Anybody making any money out there using their AATV? I'm not talking dealers, we know they make $$ selling them. I'm referring to using an AATV for some kind of compensation, such as transporting hunters into the woods or pulling skiers up to the top of a slope. Just trying to figure out a way to make my passion my paycheck. Thanks for your response.
    It'd be great to be paid to do a job you REALLY like to do. More often than not I find myself doing good deeds like pulling out quads that attempt to go where I go. Or plowing snow from the neighbors drives. Or just giving someone a ride. You'd almost feel guilty of charging money as you had fun doing it. It would be kinda' like the oldest profession in history; prostitution, and that's not legal in most states!
    Toyman's AATV Toys;

Max IV
    Project Muscateer (trans. rebuild)
    Previously owned AATVs; Terra Tiger, pair of MaxIIs and Attex 450 Tomahawk, Hustler

check this out!!!

Up to $200 or $300 per day to rent out an AATV to guys working in the Oil/Gas Ind. Most guys doing that kind of work will have their own, but when they breakdown, they usually need a replacement right away. Renting a machine out for 2-3 weeks can put some cash in your pocket, but your machine will be used hard and will need mainenance and possibly repairs when it gets back. Preferr NOT to do it, but will if I know the guy, where he is working, and what he plans to do.

RD

I was able to use my ATVs on a few jobsites. There are a couple pics in my gallery of me working on a Geophysical survey last year with the RIM. I used the EFI Chief on the same job to haul a bunch of well construction materials back and forth between the supply truck and the drill rig for the contractor. I have that picture somewhere, too....

how about weed spraying or skeeters. its seasonal but its money. i bet you could get a tank and spray kit for $500 or less if you get used.

Riding and getting paid too

Thanks for idea! I think I will try charging for rides when we have ours at local tractor show this fall. Won't charge them much as we normally did it for free. We have a small pond and area with some woods and such. Riding and getting paid

Quote Originally Posted by 6wheelie View Post
    how about weed spraying or skeeters. its seasonal but its money. i bet you could get a tank and spray kit for $500 or less if you get used.
    Yes, I know a couple guys that do this, but you have to get the training to become certified. Also have to maintain that certification. Not sure on the details, but I understand that it's a bit of a PITA. Not sure if there is enough demand for something like this, both guys that I know do it "on the side", as well as working a full time job. The guys I know don't use AATV's, one of them uses quads, and the other uses a Gator.

RD

probably be limited to charging for THRILL rides.that short video shows the argo8 just driving around and doing some sliding turns in grassy areas, those folks would have been much more excited about not using the little bridge across that creek ,they would have loved just drivin thru it. iknow i would have "missed" the bridge had i been the pilot,course I would probably get my pants sued off in pretty short order too!!

i have 10 units on rental to Hunters , Surveyors and other Oil Patch work
    2 Argo 8x8
    2 Argo 6x6
    4 Max IV
    2 Max II
    all on tracks and a return of $430 per day ,good money but you better like repairing your units because "anyone that doesn't own the machine does't respect it" they are ridden hard and quite often trashed after a 2 week rental expect to spend 10% on repairs once you get it back ,however damage that can be proven negligence can be charged to the renter

+ Reply to Thread