Early Popsicle style T20 band adjustment

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Early Popsicle style T20 band adjustment

Early Popsicle style T20 band adjustment

Good evening all. I have checked our site and searched the web. I see many ways to adjust a late model U channel T20. Anyone have any words of wisdom on how to adjust a popsicle stick early model? Thanks.

Carefully, Pat.

You need to pull the pins out of the plungers on the older models in order to do the adjustments, so you have to take care not to let the plunger draw into the case far enough to go past the O-ring. If that happens, the O-ring will tear when you pull the plunger back to it's position. I like to adjust them so there is about 5/8" or 11/16" between the popsicle stick and the case right next to the plunger opening.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Hi Don. Thank you for the information. 2 follow up questions. When you say 5/8 to 11/16ths are you taking that measurement from the bottom side of the popsicle stick (edge closest to the case) or from pin hole? Also is there any way to calculate and zero out the plungers so that you are starting equally? I know I cant bottom them out because of the o rings. Is this one of those just get it as close as possible scenarios? Thanks again.

Hey, Pat;

Measure the space between the popsicle stick and the case. I have a hardwood block that I cut out for the measurement that's 11/16" on one side and 5/8" on the other. The block slides in between the case and the stick (or the channel for the newer models). As long as that space is the same on all four plungers, your sticks will move the same distance.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

How about a picture of that Don?
    Banned

Sure George, but I have to correct myself now: the tool is 11/16" on one side and 3/4" on the other. That's what I get for trusting my memory. In any case, 11/16" will get you in the ball park. 3/4" is a little loose. You may even want to tighten them each up the same amount of turns from 11/16" if it feels like the sticks are moving too far for you.

Awesome!!! Thanks Don. I will bemaking one of these this week. I will be pulling the T20 out of the Max IV and replacing it with the one that JP rebuilt. I am going to try my hand at rebuilding that one from the Max myself and keeping it as a spare.

I made the popsicle sticks but mine don't line up the way the ones in the picture do. I drilled the case for the pivot bolt at 90 degrees to the center surface and also drilled my popsicle stick at 90 degrees. Should I have put the 4.5 degree angle in one of those? Is my layout a problem or am I OK?

Thanks.

I tried to link to a photo I just uploaded to the gallery in the message, but it didn't work. A picture of my setup is in my gallery.
    Last edited by phabib; 07-24-2014 at 01:31 PM. Reason: point to photo

HI
    phabib ,best to speak to whipper on the T20 case redrill . From memory there was an angle involved and he posted about it .

tomo

HI Don ,
    Great idea on the spec wood ha ha will be using that idea for sure .
    To all ,
    The T20 manual, measurement is 1 1/4 inch [32mm] from the case surface to the middle of the the eye bolt .

tomo

+ Reply to Thread