T-20 Fluid and Maintenance

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: T-20 Fluid and Maintenance

T-20 Fluid and Maintenance

got a new attex today,its a 400st,i think,i post the picture in the gallery,its in great shape,my question is what fluid goes in the t-20 tranny,what mainentance do i need to do any info will help thanks guys
    Last edited by Mike; 09-13-2007 at 01:26 PM.

Hey, John;

The most important thing is to keep the oil level up. There's two plugs on the back of the transmission: one on the top right and one on the bottom left. By the book, the oil level is supposed to start to run out of the lower plug when the transmission's full. Use Dexron III automatic transmission fluid if you can still find it. Sometimes the lower plunger seals will start to leak so it's a good idea to check the fluid often. I've found that the seals are prone to leaking if the machine sits for a long time (years) and then gets a lot of use.

The bands will need adjusting sometimes, too, but the manual would probably show you how better than I could explain. I think I have a copy on the '72 manual scanned and I'll see if I can find it and send it to Mike. Maybe he'd like to post it on the site?

Don
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Transmission and hello to meveryone

Hi everyone, I am John (eyewatchjb), thanks for the chance to join your group.

I was reading the maintance fluid level transmission "By the book, the oil level is supposed to start to run out of the lower plug when the transmission's full. Use Dexron III ", I though the transmission was full if it ran out the top hole so I filled it to the top hole, after reading your information I drained the oil from the bottom hole.
    I have lost my manual for Max II 1992 so I don't know what to do, any help would be wonderful.
    John

Hi John, welcome to 6x6 world. As for the T-20, it sounds like you have everything right now. Just like Don said use Dexron III and fill it until fluid runs out of the bottom hole. Was there anything else that you were unsure of?

So it's the bottom hole

Thanks Mike: is that the same hole you drain the transmission from to.
    Anyone have a manual for MaxII 1992 that maybe they could e-mail it to me.

I used to have a MaxII and some damm drugies burned it on me because they had a grow up on my property in the country, the mounties flew over and found it, they blamed me . That was 3 years ago, my friend had one and this year he sold it to me but now I don't have a manual, lost somewhere's in my junk room.

John

Yeah John, that's the same hole. You've got it!

T-20 transmission

Getting around to filling the T-20 transmission, is it one U.S. quart I need.
    I am also adjusting the transmission anyone help.
    Thanks John

Yes, one quart and check out this thread for adjusting the T20: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/trans...-20-setup.html

I talked to Jay at RI on Thursday. They recommend Type F and limited slip additive. 4 oz additive + 28 oz Type F = 1 quart. I guess alot depends on how much you can get out of it.

Now the adjustment

Thanks guys for the right amount of transmission fuild.

I am following the setup for an adjusted transmissiion but ran into a snag when I went to adjust the bottom blots, they will not turn, their is no trouble
    with the top blots I can adjust them with my fingers.

Anyone with an ideas, I have been puting wd-40 on them all afternoon but no luck.

John

+ Reply to Thread