Executioner tire vs ASX tire

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Executioner tire vs ASX tire

Executioner tire vs ASX tire

Cobalt,

Will the Kenda Executioner tires equal the water speed of the Interco ASX,s on jpswift,s Hustler 980 ?

I would have to say that my frontier with the executioners go almost as fast (9/10) as those in that video (based on a dead stop take off in the second half of the video).

The vampires do turn the hustler machine quite a bit better than the executioners do on my frontier, and i believe i mentioned the executioner steering lag time before.

Those vampires do accelerate faster than my executioners. However the top cruising speeds of both machines are just about identical.

Lastly and for those interested in the vampires.

There are two models of interco vampire tires:

#1: TSL Vampires: that have a more aggressive and tighter tread pattern, as well as lateral tapering lugs (center to side direction).

LINK: http://www.intercotire.com/tires.php?id=29&g=3

#2: TSL Vampires ASX : That have more space between the lugs, and more horizontally oriented lug/tread.
    ASX has side wall lugs.

LINK: http://www.intercotire.com/tires.php?id=48&g=3

Vampires are a very rough ride on hard pack.
    Last edited by cobalt; 03-15-2010 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Updating with tire specs links

I put a set of tsl vampires on my fathers old honda rancher 420 and in 2wd it goes through mud and water holes as if it had a tank pushing it.

Impressive.

My only gripe to the TSL line is that they are very soft and wear down quickly.

To date the Kenda Executioners , interco swamplites, and Duro HF-243 have given me the best year after year value for either ATV/UTV and AATV machines.
    Last edited by cobalt; 03-15-2010 at 02:15 PM. Reason: additional material

The forum member boncrshr has Interco Vampire ,TSL,s on his Hustler 950. In mud with a fairly hard bottom, it does really well, but when he rides in mud with a soft bottom he really has to be light on the throttle or he bottoms the tub out. The TSL Vampire will dig you down really fast!They are exellent for climbing up banks out of the water, as long as the bank is not too soft. Then they dig down quick. The TSL Vampire swim pretty decent too for a all mud tire. At 2 psi the TSL,s on his Hustler rode VERY good!
    Last edited by mudbug3; 03-15-2010 at 02:40 PM.

Mudbug is right about the Vampire tire, It muds really well but is prone to dig down when the throttle is applied. Overall though its one of the best all round tires I've seen. Boncrshr's machine is very impressive with these tires and he took me by surprise on several occasions by being able to crawl out of inclines that I thought he wouldn't have got the traction to do so. If the Kenda tire does 90% of the Vampire, its probably going to turn out to be a great tire for amphib usage.

What a great post. I hadn't seen JPSwifts machine swimming with the ASX tires so that is awesome. I'm working on a Hustler 980 so I wlll probalby loose sleep over that video. Still great to hear with the right application the Executioners swim close to as well as the ASX.

Couple more questions?

Does anybody know if that ASX tire is going to be available anytime with the next 6 months to a year?

How does the regular TSL swim in comparison to the ASX?

Thanks. This is great!

I had an atv tire dealer call Interco on 3/15/10 to find out the status of the ASX tires. Interco told him that they would be produced again, but this would be months away. The Interco , TSL Vampire tires swim less than half the speed of the Interco ASX,s.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 03-15-2010 at 10:24 PM.

cclingma

This is a utube video of my friend Scott ( boncrshr ) driving his Hustler 950 through a creek that we found one day while we were adding to our existing trails. The Vampire TSL,s on his Hustler are 25 x 13.5 x 9. I really don,t think a larger TSL will swim much faster, if any at all.

Last edited by mudbug3; 03-20-2010 at 10:30 AM.

Those 25x13x9 Super Swamper Vampires on Boncrshr's Hustler ride well because there is so much sidewall on that tire since it is 25" tall and mounted on a 9" rims. As far as lug depth goes, I think it is just a bit over 1.25". I heard that if you throttle it too much in the deep holes they will just dig down and your odds of bottoming out are greatly increased. The ASX tread depth is just a little bit over 1", they are wider, AND they have a super aggressive sidewall tread that is a huge help for traversing slippery diagonal obstacles, such as muddy creek banks. I took my Hustler 980 down some extremely steep muddy diagonal hills and it stuck like Velcro, where any of my other machines with different tires would begin to slide. When you throttle up your machine in the deep mud, these tires just grab and go, no questions asked! They are so wide and they have that aggressive sidewall lug so these give you a very low exerted PSI and that extra traction in the deep mud......lowering your exerted ground pressure is a big part of the ASX's advantage. I haven't found a mud hole yet where I could stick my Hustler yet. If you can get yourself a set of ASX's grab them, you'll feel like you put tracks on your machine and you can take it almost anywhere!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I just love the ASX,s! I got to drive MightymaxIV,s machine with them on it, and it goes through thick mud like nothing. He also backed out of some really thick mud that I was sure he was stuck in. Thats the tire to buy!

+ Reply to Thread