hello! new to the forum. just got an old used argo and i would like some tips

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hello! new to the forum. just got an old used argo and i would like some tips

hello! new to the forum. just got an old used argo and i would like some tips

i just got an old used argo and i would like some tips. first im not even sure what kind of aatv it is. i have some pictures. first thing is i really need tires! where can i get tires? what kind of tires will work? whats the cheapestoption available? thanks guys this thing sure is fun!

DSCN2607.jpgDSCN2606.jpgDSCN2608.jpg

congradulations!for sure its an argo and looks to be a 2 stroke.before you spend a bunch of cash on tires give the running gear a good inspection.pull the floor pans a take a real good look.the other more experienced guys here will give you some real good pointers.

cheers

yeah its a 2 stroke, i got it running real good too. its loud though so so so loud! i think the muffler is rotted out inside. other than that, i have seen the running gear. the chain and sprokets are all at about 80% wear so there ok. the bearings are sloppy but i have seen much worse before so i will let them be for now. the tires are so rotton though i blew 2 of them in the first day of riding! and inside the front left axle i snapped one of those pins that hold the sprocket to the axle, il fix that soon though, thanks!

Welcome to the site and congratulations on your Argo. Look in the tire forum a little for different tire options. I'm not sure what size your wheels are 8" in diameter or 9"? I'm assuming 8" and if so the cheapest bet will probably be to find some 22" Goodyear Rawhide III's if you can but they are getting harder to find. You can always go with tires from Argo but those are going to be expensive. There are also some other non-swimming options available too if you aren't going to be in the mud or water much?

thanks for the reply. i am not concerned about water because im going to put a small 1.2hp outboard on it, anything would work even atv tires, aslong as they hold air and are low pressure i will be happy!

In that case you may want to look at something like the Stryker tires or a more common / normal ATV tire. Look in the tire forum and search for stryker to get some more ideas.

welcome to the site nice find on the argo. I would go with Mike if you are going to put an outboard on carlisle stryker tires are a great tire and they are all over the place like fleet farm or tractor supply and most atv shops they range from 50 to 80 dollars each it depends on where you get them from you could even look on craigslist for used atv tires but they have to be the same size. and on the axle pins I would just replace them all I did it on my friends argo its not that hard and the pins are dirt cheap and almost any hardware store has them just bring one of the old pins with to get the right size. good luck that will be a nice machine
    1969 Gip-Sea four stroke conversion 1983 honda Big Red 200E engine
    1969 ATTEX ST/300/D four stroke conversion 18HP vanguard V-twin

thanks! i found those tires at princess auto a few blocks away. 80 bucks a pop. sadly i have very little money so i can only afford 2

+ Reply to Thread