shifting and braking

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: shifting and braking

shifting and braking

how often do you need to adjust the plungers on the max 11 while plowing today felt like in wasen't engageing on the left side its a 1999 mostly the same parts as when it was new checked the plungers about 20 hour ago only gets maybe 5 to 7 hours a month drive time in summer and maybe 4 hours of plow time a week in the winter the primary clutch and starter and drive belt are the only things ever changed since 2000 have had no trouble with it think I just don't get out as mutch as I would like to

I'm very picky and like the sharpness of properly adjusted t20 so I do it after every weekend ride.

thanks I'm usealy that way also and I think thats why most of my stuff last as long as it does always beleaved in prevented maintaince for years my father always asked if you don't have time to do it wright when will you have time to fix it. Just belive its a learning curve with these machines

Where is the best place or way to learn how to properly adjust a t-20 transmission I'm having the same issue with my 1999 max4

It’s very easy after the first time. There are lots of videos. I personally use the tools 6x6parts offers. Makes it very easy.

So, you obviously can adjust these while still in the machine. Does anyone know the thickness of those u-shaped tools that are used basically as a shim to adjust? My buddy has a laser, so I'd like to make my own.

I have that information somewhere, let me dig it up for you. May take a day or two

There is a picture of the tool at
    T-20 Band Adjustment Tool - Amphibious ATV Pictures
    The thickness is shown as .190 to .200 inch
    Width of tool is 9/16 (.5625) inch
    Width of the fork tines is 3/32 (.09375) inch
    That leaves 3/8 (.375) inch open for the slot.
    The slot is 7/16 (.4375) inch deep with a 3/16 (.1875) inch radius above slot.
    That makes it 5/8 (.625) inch from bottom to top of radius
    The flat section of the tool with slot is 1 1/2 (1.5) inch long

The picture in the link show the radius above the slot as 3/8 radius but should be 3/16 radius to fit the slot width.

Thanks!!!

+ Reply to Thread