6x6 Racing Photo Contest

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 6x6 Racing Photo Contest

6x6 Racing Photo Contest

The deadline for entering has passed. Please cast your vote here: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/6x6-a...ease-vote.html The original thread remains below:

--------------

The weekend of June 11th at Pine Lake Raceway during the annual 6x6 racing event, break out your cameras, drones, flip phones or Polaroids and capture the best racing photos that you can for your chance to win some 6x6world.com swag.

How to Enter
    After the race, upload all of your photos to the Pine Lake Summer 2016 gallery here: Pine Lake (Summer) - Amphibious ATV Pictures Pick your one, best photo and link it in this thread from the gallery. (Instructions for uploading and linking photos)

Rules
    -Only one photo entry per member.
    -Deadline for linking your photo in this thread from the gallery is June 30th. At that time, this thread will be closed and we will open a week-long thread for voting.
    - No members named George are eligible fine, you can enter

Winners
    - 6x6World.com members will vote for their favorite photo and choose the three winners.
    - Odds of winning are based on the number of entrants but last year only 4 or 5 members uploaded photos to the gallery so your odds are already pretty good.

Prizes
    1st Place - 6x6world.com tshirt in the size of your choice and a 6x6world.com bumper sticker
    2nd Place - 6x6world.com tshirt in the size of your choice
    3rd Place - 6x6world.com bumper sticker

Subject of Photos
    For this first contest, the subject of the photos is completely open. You can submit a photo of individuals at the campground enjoying the AATV camaraderie with absolutely no ATVs in the photo or you can submit a photo showing a springer two feet off the ground. As long as it was taken at Pine Lake on this weekend, that's all that matters.

Happy Racing!
    Last edited by Mike; 07-01-2016 at 07:16 PM. Reason: closed thread

Well this is just fantastic. Now there's actually a tangible reward for doing something stupid.

I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    .... break out your cameras, drones, flip phones....
    I think Egoperf is still rockin' a Startac, but perhaps he can zip-tie an old Kodak 110 to the back of it.
    Last edited by hydromike; 06-02-2016 at 09:18 AM.

Some of us never required an incentive.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    Well this is just fantastic. Now there's actually a tangible reward for doing something stupid.

I'm in.

I think Egoperf is still rockin' a Startac, but perhaps he can zip-tie an old Kodak 110 to the back of it.
    If I could find film I'd still be sporting my 110, OK maybe not. I do still have 7 110's in the cabinet though.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

This is a great idea for a photo contest! I'm submitting this for Michael Stiles:

And this one is from Mattie Oxender:

I was so busy racing I didn't have a chance to shoot for the prizes myself. We can't wait to see some other pictures!

I didn't get to many pictures this weekend because I usually don't much trust myself with my phone out near any mud/water hole. haha But here is my photo submission for the 6x6world photo contest. I took this picture of Alicia Borth while out on the trails finding the deepest mudholes we could

We were busy all weekend and didn't get many pictures either, but did manage to recreate a shot from the past with help from some friends & family. (Thanks to Bob Sharky for the use of the red Max.)

Photo for Contest from 2016

Photo for reference from 1972
    Last edited by Mike; 06-19-2016 at 08:26 PM. Reason: added link to old photo
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

I've read this thread a couple times and just noticed the "George stipulation" in the rules... too funny
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    I've read this thread a couple times and just noticed the "George stipulation" in the rules... too funny
    Hahaha....that goes for me too. I thought the guys at the track were making that up.

I only have one photo I like and it doesn't even have a 6 wheeler in it.
    Banned

I didn't get a ton of racing pics, but this one during the drags is an instant classic with LittleG trying to deal with the brutal noise from the springers. Also, vote for Mattie! That pic of Cooper and me racing Willow is great. BTW, she won, and it was very difficult to ensure that happened. I had to try and keep the clutch from engaging. Luckily, the race was at a speed I was comfortable with. Lol
    Last edited by amphibious drew; 06-16-2016 at 09:03 AM.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Closed Thread