argo 13" plastic track question.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: argo 13" plastic track question.

argo 13" plastic track question.

so i dug my tracks out of the snow yesterday and got them thawed out.tried to loosen a set screw to break them but that was just not happening.cut the pins of with my dremmel and drove them out no problems.while looking at the the tracks you cant help but notice a lack of traction.but there does seem to be holes in the tracks to bolt on an ice cleate of some description.was wondering what you guys are using for a cleate or whether a nut and bolt would suffice?

cheers

That would work fine. You could take it one step further and run a short piece of chain between the bolts on each segment. I don't think you would need V-bar chain, but it would be interesting. I also don't think you need a chain across every segment, maybe every 4th one or so.

a v-bar chain would be incredible.im gonna put these on tomorrow the see how much clearance i have.thanks RD.

Ice cleats are available for the tracks. They are about 1 1/2" X 2" and are basically a u shaped metal with saw like edges. They bolt right on. I have them on my machine (plastic tracks) and they work pretty well. You can probably check Richs' relics on "Route 6X6" for pricing
    good luck

Quote Originally Posted by TerryA View Post
    Ice cleats are available for the tracks. They are about 1 1/2" X 2" and are basically a u shaped metal with saw like edges. They bolt right on. I have them on my machine (plastic tracks) and they work pretty well. You can probably check Richs' relics on "Route 6X6" for pricing
    good luck
    did you get yours from richards relics?

You might just want to contact Tru Tracx directly or maybe even Argo......you'd probably get the same thing, but for less money, this way.

TRU TRAX HOME
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Let me know how it goes. I have a set of 13" tracks for my Conquest but didn't think I could run cleats, picks, or studs because with the narrow track there was a clearance issue with the tub. I haven't taken any actual measurements either. That was one of my projects for this winter. - Ozzy

i have very little clearence as well.if i could get a look at a cleate it might be cheaper to make a bunch.

I remember 6x6World member Tory G. made his own.

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

i see that he kept the cleates to outside of track to eliminate rubbing.my tracks are different and would have to stay to the center of track with cleates.

+ Reply to Thread