Max IV Springer

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Max IV Springer

Max IV Springer

Last edited by whipper-ag; 07-10-2016 at 09:56 AM.

This is what I've been waiting for!!!

I'm starting to save my pennies for the kit!!!

Mike

Awesome!

Okay, the important questions...

This is an earlier pig, so does it use the same smaller bearings as the RIM? Are you going to heighten the frame rails to accomodate the larger flanges if it does? One of the best changes that I've seen on the Max IV is actually sitting on a bench at RI. They've moved the T-20 forward on the frame so it sits under the rear seat, and lowered the engine to a practical and logical location. It sits down on the frame now, rather than the pedestel it was on before. It looked bone-simple, and I think the benefits would be incredible. Lower C.O.G., simple access to the trans., etc. Since this'll undoubtedly have 1-1/4" splined shafts, are you going the extra mile to change the whole chain setup? This project looks like it could be the most fun...

~m

Mike,

That's interesting about the Max IV are they going to start producing that for 2008. I wonder would they have a retro kit to do that to the older ones. It sure would be nice to have better access to the T-20

Mike

I've been waiting for them to move the T-20 in the IVs and drop the engine down to the frame. I thought about doing the same on my old red Max, but it looked like too much effort. I wonder what else they are going to change to keep up with the Argos newer designs? This is a major change for the Max IV. I think its the first in 30 years !!! This could have me looking at a brand new machine when it comes out !! With the engine sitting lower in the tub, they can push the seats back even farther. Can you sneak in and get us some pictures?

It would also be nice if they mounted the T-20 and engine to its own cradle so you can remove the engine and transmission in one package. I assume they are driving the center axles from the T-20? Without the engine pedestal in the back, you could even clean out the tub in the rear corners. This is great !!! Please get some more info from the inside sources so you can share it with us.

Maybe a modern body design in the works?? Built in beer holders? Storage? Built in cooler? Bigger tires? Lower price?? Bigger drain plugs?

Quote Originally Posted by liflod View Post
    ! Please get some more info from the inside sources so you can share it with us. Maybe a modern body design in the works?? Built in beer holders? Storage? Built in cooler? Bigger tires? Lower price?? Bigger drain plugs?
    Wow. I didn't mean this to cause excitement. The "new and exciting" frame mod has been sitting there in it's current condition (not a bolt tightened/loosened, or anything changed) in at least a year. I would wager more like 2 years. As much as I sound like a curmudgeon, I really don't think there's going to be anything really ground breaking as far as big changes go. The body is still generally the same as Mr. Gerber's from 1975, and the frame really hasn't gone through much of a change since then, either. Okay; bigger bearings, splined axles, and a bit more leg room for the rear passengers. You can argue that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it...", but come on... 32 years....

~m

Holly Cow it sounds like there going to make a Hustler.

Mike,
    You're a buzzkill

+ Reply to Thread