idea for preventing body sag on Max iv with big frame

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: idea for preventing body sag on Max iv with big frame

idea for preventing body sag on Max iv with big frame

Hi All,

i have an idea but don't know if it is worth the time and coffee i'm spending on it. i have a 2003 Max IV, 25 HP Kohler, 25 inch wheels. I put a frame/rack/roll cage on it last year - 1 1/2' square tubing. The cage sits on two pieces that run the length of the body and are joined at the front and back by angle iron. Yes, its heavy duty but works really well for hauling, pulling in the bush, etc.

i've read the posts that say the seat belt mounts on the Max are essential as they provide frame support to keep the body from sagging. I'm wondering if I can strengthen this support by welding an extension on to the seat belt bar to run it (between the body seam) and connect to the rack frame. Then drop two pieces of metal down from the seat belt bar and connect the bar to the Max's frame. The idea is that is that i use the connections to the body frame and the rack frame to increase the body support the seat belt bar provides. I would do this for both the front and back seat belt bars.

Does this sound worthwhile or unnecessary?

anything to keep the body from sagging is a good idea i have a 96 with the factory roll cage and it causes the body to sag something fierce so i say go for it i put cross bars in to prevent sag on mine
    1996 MAX IV ,KUBOTA DIESEL
    MAX II 30HP Bandolero

Thanks...i think i'll begin with it today. do you have any pics of your cross members? I have a '93 and if i decide to keep it, i will need to do the same. any ideas are welcome!

Here's a good idea Hydromike had to prevent the body from sagging on his machine:

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

well, i'm going to see if i can do like Hydromike did. my idea doesn't work because of the way the tub and top meet at the sides. That's what happens when you sit on the couch at 7 am with a coffee and get an idea. 3 pm ideas over beer in the garage are WAY better.

Shorty, do you mind posting a few pics of your cage? I'm looking for some ideas...

sure, will do. as soon as i pry the camera out of the grasp of my fashion bug 15 yr old daughter.

Weld a 5/8" nut on each underside of the rear seat frame where the frame meets the tub. Bolt thru the tub just above the middle wheel. The seat frame (which is obviously bolted to the main frame) acts as the body support, holding the tub from sagging. Seems too easy, but it works. I'll try to add photos soon.

sagging seats

Here are some photos of how mine is done.

Attachment 7269Attachment 7270Attachment 7271

can you try that again...says the attachment was invalid.

+ Reply to Thread