Max modifications for winter

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Max modifications for winter

Max modifications for winter

I added some cleats to the tracks and a winch on the back in case the slush on the lakes gets too deep, doesn't help to winch forward that only gets you in deeper. The cleats are to help climbing up the banks coming off the ice and the stainless for traction on ice while pulling the fish house.
    Attached Images
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Nice the fish are in trouble now

Not really. I seem to always find that secret spot so secret the fish don't even know about it lol.

On my 27 horse IV I remove the outside air tube and turn the air cleaner body to face the exhaust for winter use. really cut down on carb ice. If yours is injected it probably won't make much difference. The air cooled ones are a bear for carb ice if you don't do something to raise air temp in cold weather.

Hasn't been a problem so far but good idea. Easy enough to do. You're also a little... Ok a lot colder up there also.

Tbone9, you think those cleats would have made a difference on that swamp ride, I thought about adding some to my tracks also. Do you think Cougar going to get a haspin acres ride togeather again

Hey, good to hear from you. Yes I think they may have helped but they don't swim at all and I think that's what a guy needs there. Not sure about a ride there, but last time I seen Matt O. He talked about one possibly this winter somewhere in Indiana.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone9 View Post
    Not really. I seem to always find that secret spot so secret the fish don't even know about it lol.
    HaHaHa,and I thought it was just me!

Here's how I mounted the ice auger if some of you are looking for ideas. Used to haul it inside but just took up too much room even with the back seat out. Now there's room inside for buckets. Used a piece of 10" PVC cut in half for the bit and UHMW pieces to mount it and also for the handle bracket. Got a heavy duty strap to hold it down.
    Attached Images

What did you use to make the cleats and how did you secure them to the tracks?

+ Reply to Thread