Update on New Max ATVs

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on New Max ATVs

Update on New Max ATVs

I got curious if we’d ever see the Max brand again. I’ve never owned one but I’ve always been intrigued. I emailed MXI. Here is the response I got. Sorry if this is old news to anyone but I couldn’t seem to find it anywhere, either on these forums or elsewhere.

“Ownership of the MAX brand has been transferred to MXI, which is parent company to Agile Vehicle Technologies Limited (AVT) based in Great Britain. Satellite divisions are also being established in Indonesia and the United States.

After conducting a detailed design review of the range of MAX vehicles, AVT has decided to develop a completely new range of 8x8 and 6x6 vehicles, building upon a few of the best elements from the legacy MAX design.

The new line of AVT vehicles will be much more robust than the older MAX design, since they are designed to be suitable for utility, industrial, and commercial use.

Adaptability to different configurations is a keystone of the new AVT range, permitting the user to configure the vehicle for either maximum passenger capacity or for maximum cargo capacity as the need dictates.

We are finalizing work on prototype vehicles and preparing for production to commence sometime in Spring 2018. As we get closer to that date, we will have details on the complete range of vehicles and pricing, and we will update you on developments. In the meantime, please keep an eye on www.agvtec.com or www.maxatvs.com”

We will have to see if this actually comes true.

Thanks Breadstain for the update, I too was wondering what the status of the new Max line was, hoping that it didn't die on the vine and we wouldn't see it again. The idea of being able to re-configure the cargo area for passengers is commendable, especially if it can be done without tools or a minimum of time to go from one to the other. Hopefully they carry through with it, competition improves the breed, especially in such a small market that these AATVs play in.

The other question that begs to be asked, will the AGVTEC Extreme be affordable? The MAX line was a forerunner in affordability for many years and many reasons. The durable simplistic design, while maybe outdated, has been one reason so many MAX AATV's were recognized, purchased, and repurchased for over 45 years, while other brands went by the wayside. Compared to the other two options, the MAX was the most affordable.

Like most things, the more you produce and sell the cheaper you can sell them for, amortizing the cost of the tooling and labor over more vehicles to keep the price down. If the new Max company markets the heck out of it and they get a decent amount of customers from around the world then maybe it won't be too much more expensive than the old Max, but in the beginning it will be a hard sell since nobody knows how good or bad the new ones will be. I think one of the things that held back sales on the old Max was lack of innovation and updating, if you look at Argo you can see a steady improvement over the years, the biggest one coming with the handlebar steering in my opinion. That update I think really brought a lot of potential buyers to Argo from Max since it is such an easier system to use and most people are familiar with handlebars from bicycle and motorcycle riding. In some respects the old Max was a dinosaur, with only minor updates throughout the years and nothing very obvious to compete with the constantly updated Argo. I hope the new Max does well and is a good machine, but nobody will know for some time and I think that will be their biggest hurdle.

Quote Originally Posted by hipowerone View Post
    The other question that begs to be asked, will the AGVTEC Extreme be affordable? The MAX line was a forerunner in affordability for many years and many reasons. The durable simplistic design, while maybe outdated, has been one reason so many MAX AATV's were recognized, purchased, and repurchased for over 45 years, while other brands went by the wayside. Compared to the other two options, the MAX was the most affordable.
    I think this question is the most important.

Here is an old thread where a member modified his machine to have a steering wheel. http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...el-set-up.html

the handle bar set up has drawbacks too

I recently logged onto the AVT site and sent a message in the "keep me informed" link, informing the company that, while current MAX owners in the USA/Canada may be interested in future concept vehicles, we are more interested in a dependable maintenance spare parts supply chain for our current machines. I also stated that having a MAX replacement company that supports us now could very well influence what direction we might take if and when we decide to upgrade. If a company is not willing to help us now, in our time of need, why should we think of that company when we need to upgrade.

Checked the websites, seems there's no real news. Anyone heard any rumours?

On 1/15/18 I used their contact us page and all I got in return was a computer generated "thank you for contacting us"....I doubt very much if anyone read my comment, for if they had, I would say it should have sparked some sort of reply. Either they are doing something so super secret and hush hush, or there is little or anything going on across the big pond.

+ Reply to Thread