Where do you find the VIN Number on a MAX II

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where do you find the VIN Number on a MAX II

Where do you find the VIN Number on a MAX II

I want to register my AATV for a boat licence and I need to find the VIN Number. Does any one know where it is stamped? I have looked it over and the only tag I can find is on the T-20 and it is barely ledgible.
    1970's Max II
    2000 18hp B&S
    mis-mash of parts and pieces

It will be on the large metal plate usually riveted to the dash right in front of the sticks. It is stamped into the plate.

Edit: Here's a photo from recreative's site to help. That black plate around the key that says Max IV is where the serial number is located. The small silver stripe on the right hand side of that plate is where the number is stamped.

Last edited by Mike; 01-13-2009 at 07:36 PM.

Nope..... no large metal plate!

Mike
    I was thinking Damn! I'm going to feel stupid if it has been right there all the time.... but I have just checked the upper and I have no metal plate. was it somewhere else on older models?
    1970's Max II
    2000 18hp B&S

Hi, as far as i know, a tag to the left of the seat, near where u get on and off ......on the body

I submitted mine from that plate for boat registration, but the state would not use it. They assigned me a new hull ID number.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud View Post
    I submitted mine from that plate for boat registration, but the state would not use it. They assigned me a new hull ID number.
    I've had similar problems when I got my loan and insurance quotes because it is technically a serial number and not a VIN. "That's not the right number, sir. It doesn't have enough digits," they'd lament.

I had to speak to several supervisors to convince them that, yes, that is the only identifying number assigned to the vehicle and that it is indeed a valid way to do it.

VIN / Serial number from Rec. Ind.

I finally broke down and called Receative Industries because without the VIN the DNR was not going to give me a licence. It turns out all of the answers that were given here would have been right it one point in production or another.
    Without finding a body tag or a stamped number on the bulkhead beneath the seat, the last resort is to get numbers off of the T20 tag and compair that to the production date.
    My Max was built in the spring of 1970 making the Max more than 20 years older than I thought it was. Maryland DRN sounds like they will issue a new Hull Indentification number based on what information I have. Thanks for all of the help.
    1970's Max II
    2000 18hp B&S

WOW, no wonder you couldn't find the VIN. I'm glad that you got everything moving forward so you can now legally be in the water.

I bet you could get away with stamping your own number on it somewhere and using that one.

Or even just use the t20 number.

+ Reply to Thread