Raising the max4 body by welding.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raising the max4 body by welding.

Raising the max4 body by welding.

I contacted a company that was referred to us by the name of "Leister" This company welds hdpl so I am thinking of having them cut around the max body below the tub and weld 1 foot of plastic on so I can get better track clearance, they will wrap the machine with a 16" band so they can weld the 2"overlap on the top and bottom. Then they're going to set the top back on. My thaught was I could leave the 26" tires on and no need for extensions, then just have Adair build the track. This is where I need you guys to tell me what is wrong with this because I know I'm not the first one to think of this. I did see the max 2 that was raised 4". My feelings have been hurt plenty of times so please feel free to give me the negatives and possibly the positives. The quote was around $375.

delduck, if they do a good job it sounds great. will the seat and floor still be the same proportion ? you may have to exstend the steering levers. as far as the wheel and track clearance, i really like it on my max 2 where i did the subframe design instead of raise the tub. i,m running adairs on 22'' tires but have plenty of clearance for 26''.i never have any '' track slap'' issues. i don't know how different it would float. keep us posted..... i guess they will cut and raise it somewhere above the frame. j.b.

Delduck:
    I think the price for the work seems fair. I do think that you will still need the extensions do get the tires away from the body far enough to fit the tracks. It will be an interesting little deep body vehicle if you pull it off.
    Sounds plausible.

They tell me theirs no problems with the waterproof part they weld water main and plastic dredge pipe. So we'll see, the max does have some room between the tub walls and the wheels but I don't know if it's enough for tracks, the guys at Adair said take a picture and measure the closest point and they would know better. As far as the seats in the back, we took it out for more room for spray equipment. I like the single seat idea that a lot of the guys on this site have so we're in the process of making a removable aluminum floor and putting the single seat in. I'd like to make a flat top for the machine so it doesn't fill up with reeds and debris. But I just want the top, on the top half, if that makes any sense not on the whole roll cage. Thanks for your thoughts and please keep giving them.

If you are looking at Adair's member maxivmark, kghills and mightymaxiv have plenty experience. Kghills may be who you should query as he has the largest tires on his iv.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

How do I find him. Remember I'm not good at this computer stuff. It took me 3 min to type this. Thanks for the help it's greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Delduck View Post
    How do I find him. Remember I'm not good at this computer stuff. It took me 3 min to type this. Thanks for the help it's greatly appreciated.
    Go to notifications, then send message, then recipient: enter kghills and then your message to him. Easy peezy lemon squeezy.

Thank you I'm trying now

Here is my MaxIV with 28" tires

And with the 26" Vendettas.

I also run 25" Goodyear rawhide tires with Adair tracks.

I lifted my body by heating and support it with the grab bar behind the drivers seat.
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...big-frame.html

Cutting and welding would be a fun project especially for as cheap as they are saying they will do it for.
    Keith
    Last edited by kghills; 03-23-2016 at 05:05 PM.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

+ Reply to Thread