Chain adjusters?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chain adjusters?

Chain adjusters?

How do these things work?I pushed down on it to put tension on the chain but when I try to brake that side a few times it moves the tensioner loose again and I start hearing to chain slapping the floor.Does the tensioner need replaced or is there something I need to tighten?

Sounds like you need to tighten the tensioner.

Can someone please move this to Max forum please?

Are you pushing them down hard enough to get them to snap to the next position? I wrote an article on replacing the Teflon guides not too long ago. There are some decent pictures in there that will let you see what I'm talking about: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/gener...placement.html

The metal clip behind them acts as a spring to help keep them in place. I guess it's possible that it is missing on yours?

I looked at the article and was trying to figure out why they would not stay locked in place.I will have to look tomorrow to see if the spring is missing.

You might need new ones due to the teeth being rounded, or they may be on crooked and since they are not alligned perfectly parallel with the chain, they will pop up.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I have a similiar problem. I have one side that makes a anapping noise which I can feel in the body when it happens. I always thought the chain was loose but I am beginning to thing I too need new adjusters as the chain is rrather sloppy. It is a MaxII, and with the large engine it is a real chore to work on at times.

Temp fix for chain adjusters?

As soon as money permits I will be replacing the chain adjustr/guide.But for now,can I tack weld the 2 pcstogether until they arrive?I am trying to keep the chain from banging the tub/floor.It is only doing this on 1 side and seems that this would be a temporary fix.I have no way of leaving this for good and was not going to worry about reusing the stock adjusters since they would be replaced by a set from Richards.

What vehicle do you have?
    Your issue sounds exactly like mine in the Frontier.
    ---JIM---
    I reject your reality and substitute my own...
    (Mythbusters Fan )

Patches work when done right

You can jerry rig it a bit it is not rocket science

The guy before me used a Rubber band

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/argo-...ever-seen.html
    Why do we waste tax money on bridges and roads when we can all just drive AATVs

+ Reply to Thread