Cut Sidewall? Come on in!!!!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cut Sidewall? Come on in!!!!

Cut Sidewall? Come on in!!!!

Hey everyone, could'nt find any good ideas for sidewall repairs here. So I took it apon myself, and my previous employment to bring you this.........ENJOY!!

If it looks like you can't make it, you probably can't, but what the hell you can call in sick tomorrow......right?

UPDATE...... 5 days after video.......still at 4 PSI
    If it looks like you can't make it, you probably can't, but what the hell you can call in sick tomorrow......right?

Awesome video. Very helpful to someone who has never done tires before like myself. Thanks for taking the time to put that together for us.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

No Problem Drew, my pleasure. I am like most people, BROKE!!!! I am always in search of a "cheap" way to do things.

Nice job on the fix and the video, too. Thanks for posting it. I wonder how many tires have been thrown out with big gashes in the sidewall.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

very cool video,you make it look way easy.

I'm certainly going to try this. Hydromike and I did some riding in a rocky creek last summer and I put a small gash in one of my 22" Rawhide IIIs and it was practically a brand new tire. Excellent videos and thanks for posting it!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Excellent Video. I also patch the outside to keep dirt out and the tear from catching other obstacles. I also buff the rim to keep any sharp edges from cutting the bead when remounting the tire. its a good opportunity to clean and smooth the bead seat of any corrosion. Tonight I remounted a front tire on my bigfoot from an argo rim to a Matt O, rim that had a previous side cut repair there was some deterioration of the inside patch probably due to some swamp water and mud that was captured in the rim from a field derimming. Its probably best to clean the mud and swamp water out immediately.

great vid i have learned and wil be fixing my raw 3 behind the building . thanks robbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

I am glad to hear this has helped!! jerseybigfoot had a good point too, on patching the outside to keep from catching on things. He also mentioned cleaning out water and mud. You should clean the inside very well, before starting the repair. To keep anything from getting on the repair before it is patched. Good luck everyone, maybe we can keep a few more tires out of the landfill!!!

P.S.
    Here is what the "Stitcher" and "Scraper" look like

+ Reply to Thread