ASX ATV tire video

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ASX ATV tire video

ASX ATV tire video

These are the ASX atv tires that I picked up today. The tread depth is just short of 1" inch tall. Each of the tire lugs are 3" inches apart. This will be really good for sheading mud. Each tire lug is just short of 1 3/4" inches tall , and each tire lug is 2" inches wide. Since this is the only asymetrical ATV tire on the market , you need to buy one tire for the right and one tire for the left. I bought three left rears and three right rears. I wanted all rear tires because they measure 13.4" inches wide. The ASX tire has outer lugs that wrap around the side of the tire , but only on the right side ( right side tire ) or the left side ( left side tire ). The side lugs wrap 4 1/2 " inches around the side of the tire! The side lugs measure 4 1/2 " inches long , tapering down from 1 " inch tall at the top edge of the tire , to a 1/2 " tall at the lowest point. Because this tire measures 13.5 inches wide , the aggressive side lug design works really well when driving through deep rutted trails made by big tire ATV,s.

CLICK ON THE URL LINK AT THE TOP OF THIS UTUBE VIDEO , AND WATCH IT IN --------> HIGH QUALITY.

Last edited by mudbug3; 01-16-2009 at 09:12 PM.

Nice!

They do look pretty meaty.
    Banned

Interesting.. tires sure looked good on JP's..

Not the most action packed video ever, but it sure was sharp and crisp!
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Interesting.. tires sure looked good on JP's..

Not the most action packed video ever, but it sure was sharp and crisp!
    You have to use your imagination and make engine noises while watching it.

Roger,

You can be sure when summer gets here , you,ll be watching Utube video,s of my Hustler Bigfoot, with the ASX tires , churning through the mud. There is a really bad mud pit called " suicide hole" at River Run park. This is the spot that boncrshr was able to drive his Hustler across , but I could,nt with my Max IV. Two more inches of extra ground clearance did not help me. This will be the first place I head to , where I take my Hustler with the ASX tires. I won,t even install a winch on it. I want it as light as possible. This is how boncrshr has his Hustler 950 set up. Boncrshr and I are thinking that the wide 13.5" inch ASX tires will really lower my psi on the ground. I guess we,ll see come summer time.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 01-17-2009 at 12:28 AM.

ATV tire video comparison

This is a short video clip comparing three different tires. On the left is the ASX atv tire that I recently bought , in the middle is the Good year Terra tire , and on the right is the GBC atv Gator that I,ve been running on my Max IV. All of the tires in the video are 26x12x12 . Only the Good year Terra tire in the middle , is inflated and on a rim. This gives you an idea just how tall and wide the ASX tire is , when compared to the other two tires that are next to it. You can also see how much wider the ASX tire is when compared to the Terra tire. I,m hoping the wider ASX tire will lower my ground psi even lower.

CLICK ON THE URL AT THE TOP OF THIS UTUBE VIDEO , AND WATCH IT IN -------> HIGH QUALITY.

Last edited by mudbug3; 01-25-2009 at 10:46 PM.

lol, must be the batteries are dead in the still camera.

Those are some wide tires!!!

Larry, I bet it was an excuse to test settings on the video processing software he has... Some big tires for sure, let's see what happens. And the Flip camera footage is very clear! Which is not an easy feat, to get something looking nice on youtube.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

Those tires are awesome! IMO, that is the ultimate tire....I was surprised at how well they swam also. Can't wait to see them on your 980.

I must vent...I am so upset at Interco for moving production to China! What are they thinking??? Makes me want to never buy anything Interco again.
    Hammers should have warning labels.

+ Reply to Thread