Busco Beach in NC - October 8-10 2010

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Busco Beach in NC - October 8-10 2010

Busco Beach in NC - October 8-10 2010

Now that the ride is over, the planning posts have been deleted to make room for pictures and video below in the following posts.

6X6 World Trail ride at Busco Beach in Goldsboro, NC! Come ride with your fellow members and get to know the face behind the username. This is a perfect off road park for AATVs.

Most people will arrive on Friday morning early and stay through Sunday. If you haven't been on a ride and can make it I encourage you to come out and ride with some other AATVs even if just for a day. We always have fun and love meeting others from the site. Here's the info:

When:
    October 8th - 10th, 2010

Where:
    Busco Beach off road park in Goldsboro, NC.

Here is a Google map of Busco Beach so you can see how far it is from where you live: Map of Busco Beach

Here is a link to their website: Busco Beach

They offer:

- A mud pit
    - Several ponds
    - A drag strip
    - 1500 acres of trails
    - Bath houses with bathrooms and showers
    - A concession stand during the day

Cost:

$5 entrance fee per person
    $10 per ATV that you bring

Primitive Camping - $5 a night
    RV camping w/ hookup (30A) - $25 a night

I have the event added to the calender so that you can get an email reminder when it gets closer to time. Here's that link: 6x6 World Trail Ride at Busco Beach

Threads from Previous Rides with videos and pictures:
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/trail...-beach-nc.html
    October 2009 Busco Ride
    April 3-5 2009 at Busco Beach in NC
    Busco Beach ride in N.C. - Oct 10-12

Here are two videos from the last time we visited there this past spring:

Last edited by Mike; 10-10-2010 at 01:00 AM.

Where are the pics and videos for those of us left behind?

I didn't get there until late today so it was really too dark for pictures. I did get educated by jerseybigfoot on how to straighten an axle in the field though. He and racerone3 got me going again tonight in a fairly short amount of time. Here is how it was done for anyone ever needing to straighten one without removing it from the machine:

Mike

Are those the rawhide 25,s that you talked about installing on your Max II? If so, are the 25 x 12 x9 or 25 x 11.5 x9 ?

Dave, he chose the 25x12's as they are a little shorter.

Yep, the old chain and jack axle field fix.. who was the route6x6 guy that posted that years ago? Dave ____? I did one of my argo axles like that.. it pushed a bearing retainer out of shape enough to make a little play in the brg..
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I did get educated by jerseybigfoot on how to straighten an axle in the field though. He and racerone3 got me going again tonight
    So, Jersey IS taking care of the "Kids". You're a good man, Marc. Nothing better than actually seeing it done.

Bridget

I got one picture today and it was a picture of food. How sad is that? Lori made these cool six wheeler cookies.

I did get some video that will take a few days to process but for now here is a screen shot of Jennifer dropping down a small ledge:

Troutman, North Carolina, United States, 111622645520387, Troutman, North Carolina
    It was a great weekend! For the first ride this year, one of us wasn't injured the week before the ride AND Brian and I traveled down and back with no incident! Woo-Hoo! The riding was great and so was the food but, as always the people made it AWESOME! It was great seeing "old" friends and making new ones. As I always do after a weekend like this, I'm ready to do it all again!
    I didn't get my camera out once the whole weekend. I left the photography to Brian this trip. I know he got some great shots and he'll have them posted soon!
    Max II Girls...The Best in the World!

Pulled up in front of the house at 7:30. 10 hr trip. Gotta go. Sorry Lori, Tom,Peggy and Lewis. Missed saying goodbye,just wanted to get home before dark. Post pics soon. Joe.

Had a great weekend, could not have asked for better weather. Riding conditions were great......lots of mud, water and a great crowd to ride with. We never were able get a count on the exact number of members or machines at the ride but i am thinking it was the most we ever had. Thanks to all that came. Hope all have a safe trip home and we will all meet again in April for the 2011 ride. There were lots of videos and pictures made and they will be up soon.

PS: Had the largest turnout of wives for this event i have ever seen and we truly enjoyed your company, hope you ladies will come and ride with us again.

Thanks to all again and have a safe drive home.
    Lewis

+ Reply to Thread